VACANCY: SHOP ATTENDANT
Updated: Oct 21, 2022
Small and Medium Enterprises Development Institute (SMEDI), a parastatal organization mandated to promote the development and growth of Micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs), is looking for the services of an energetic, smart and mature person to work as a Shop Attendant in Blantyre.
Interested persons must have the following qualifications and attributes:
• Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE) or its equivalent;
• Certificate in sales management or marketing;
• A minimum of three (3) years practical experience in shop management;
• Friendly personality;
• Honest and high levels of integrity;
• Excellent computer and numerical skills;
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Time conscious.
The successful candidate shall be responsible for the selling of various merchandize including those produced by SMEs and with the following duties amongst others:
• Provide excellent sales service to ensure high customer satisfaction;
• Maintain high visual merchandising standards and very good shop condition;
• Maintain a fully stocked store;
• Recommend and display items that match customer needs.
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae with at least three (3) names of relevant and traceable referees should be sent to the address below and should reach her not later than Friday, 8th April 2022:
The Regional Manager – South
P O Box 525
Alternatively, the applications can be delivered at the SMEDI Leather Design Studio, off Chileka Road, at Chatha in Blantyre – Phone – 0212 016 384.
SMEDI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER