Small and Medium Enterprises Development Institute (SMEDI), a parastatal organization mandated to promote the development and growth of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) is looking for the services of a well-qualified, mature and highly experienced person to fill a vacant post of Procurement Officer (Grade SME 6) tenable at its Head Office in Lilongwe. Interested applicants must have the following:
Qualifications and Attributes
· Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or any related field from a recognized and accredited institution;
· At least three (3) years’ relevant experience in procurement. Those with knowledge and experience in public procurement will have added advantage;
· Membership of Malawi Institute of Procurement and Supply (MIPS);
· Ability to understand and interpret Public Procurement related laws and regulations;
· Honesty and integrity;
· Excellent numerical and analytical skills;
· Excellent communication skills – both written and oral;
· Team player, result oriented, creative and innovative.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Procuring goods, works and services in liaison with user departments and in accordance with Public Procurement and Disposal of Assets (PPDA) Act and regulations;
· Preparing Annual Procurement Plans and coordinating their implementation;
· Preparing Tender documents and organizing their opening;
· Providing secretarial services during evaluation and IPDC meetings;
· Providing technical advice on procurement issues;
· Inspecting goods and equipment supplied;
· Preparing periodic reports.
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae with at least three names of relevant and traceable referees including that of an immediate past employer if applicable, should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer, SMEDI, Area 6, Off Mzimba Street, Private Bag 393, Lilongwe 3 to reach him not later than close of business on Friday, 27th January, 2023.
SMEDI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER