Applications are invited from suitably qualified, energetic and innovative persons to fill the position of Lodge Supervisor (Grade SBU 1) which is tenable at the SMEDI Mponela Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) in Mponela, Dowa. The successful candidate shall be a team leader responsible for the day to day management of the SMEDI Lodge which is one of the institution’s Income Generating Units. Interested applicants for the position should have the following:
Qualifications and attributes
· Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management with at least 5 years relevant experience;
· Verifiable successful track record in a similar position;
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills who freely interacts with customers for feedback;
· Dynamic and well-motivated;
· Excellent communication skills – verbal and written;
· Problem solving skills;
· Must be computer literate.
· A good planner with ability to grow the revenues and business customer base;
· A goal getter who needs little supervision to produce results.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Supervise and manage front office, housekeeping, food production, conference and food and beverage departments;
· Produce food costs, beverage costs and rooms’ cost controls;
· Produce periodic performance reports - weekly, quarterly and monthly reports;
· Ensure around-the-clock orderliness and organization in all departments;
· Provide on-job service training to all staff;
· Handle and manage all complaints from guests and come up with reports;
· Maximize sales through creation of new revenue opportunities, up selling and suggestive selling;
· Addicted to maintaining sparkling clean, high hygiene standards and cleanliness of all facilities
· Dedicated to achieve the Key Performance Indicators as agreed from time to time.
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae with at least three names of relevant and traceable referees that include an immediate past employer, should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer, SMEDI, Area 6, Off Mzimba Street, P/Bag 393, Lilongwe 3.
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 27th January, 2023. Only shortlisted applications shall be acknowledged.
SMEDI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER