DRIVER (2 Positions)
Small and Medium Enterprises Development Institute (SMEDI) is looking for services of suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill two (2) vacant positions of DRIVER - Grade SME 9. The positions are tenable at SMEDI Regional Office South in Blantyre and SMEDI Regional Office North in Mzuzu. Successful candidates shall provide motor vehicle driving services and delivery services with due regard to traffic and time schedules while applying knowledge of traffic regulations and best routines.
Interested persons for these positions must have the following qualifications and attributes:
· Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE);
· Valid driving licence;
· Defensive driving credentials
· A minimum of two (2) years’ work experience;
· Basic knowledge in motor vehicle mechanics;
· Strong interpersonal skills;
· Good communication skills both written and oral;
· Ability to work in a team environment.
The successful candidates will among other things be responsible for:
· Driving members of staff as assigned;
· Ensuring that vehicles are kept clean at all times;
· Carrying out routine check-up of the vehicles including but not limited to oil condition, brake function, water, lights and tyre condition;
· Maintaining minor vehicle faults;
· Providing monthly vehicles’ status report to supervisors.
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae with at least three names of relevant and traceable referees that include an immediate past employer, should be clearly labeled the position of interest and sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer, SMEDI, P/Bag 393, Lilongwe 3 to reach him not later than close of business on Friday, 4th November, 2022.
SMEDI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER