About the Role
Selected Duties and Responsibilities
• Managing the development and implementation of various Agri-value chains including cassava, mango and tomato;
• Evaluating various Agri-value chains to identify constraints, opportunities and other areas of development;
• Conducting rapid market surveys to establish demand for various Agri-value chain products and identify key value chain players for collaboration;
• Identifying and preparing value chain maps that indicate volumes and directional flow of Agri-value products;
• Facilitating the linkage of agro producers and agro processors and markets;
• Initiating the development or review of new and innovative enterprise skills development services for MSMEs;
• Participating in organizing, facilitating and coordinating value chain training and other enterprise skills development initiatives to start-ups, established MSMEs and other interested clients;
• Participating in the development of training materials and curriculum guided by the needs of the clients;
• Participating in the development of plans, programmes and budgets;
• Producing and submitting periodic reports.
1) Position - Value Chain Officer
Grade - SME 5
Duty Station - Mponela Enterprise Development Centre, Mponela, Dowa.
To manage the development of sustainable value chains and increase the uptake and awareness of Business Incubation Services by driving value chain strategy.
Qualifications and Attributes
· A minimum of Bachelor of Science in Value Chain agriculture, Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Agribusiness Management or any other related qualification from a recognized and accredited institution;
· At least three years (3) progressive experience in a related field;
· Knowledge and practical experience in development of training materials and curricula;
Sound knowledge of local and international MSME landscape;
Excellent facilitation, communication and training skills;
Excellent networking and negotiation skills;
Team-player and results oriented.
About the Company
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae with at least three names of relevant and traceable referees including that of an immediate past employer should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer, SMEDI, Private Bag 393, Lilongwe 3 to reach him not later than close of business on Friday, 13th October, 2023.
SMEDI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Send your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org