About the Role
Selected Duties and Responsibilities
• Implementing and initiating review of policies, strategies, annual work plans and budgets for the delivery of various Business Development Services to MSMEs;
• Managing the implementation of MSME training and information collection and dissemination in accordance with good practices and legal provisions;
• Ensuring the safety and appropriate use of institutional assets, infrastructure and other resources for the furtherance of the objectives of the Institute;
• Championing change management, corporate governance, risk management and internal control processes at regional office level;
• Leading in the development of funding proposals for the provision of relevant consultancy services to various stakeholders at regional office level;
• Responding to queries on matters related to MSMEs training, information and advisory services in the region;
• Producing and submitting relevant periodic reports.
1) Position - Regional Manager (Two Positions)
Grade - SME 4
To manage Regional Office and provide leadership in the interpretation and implementation of operational policies, work programs, plans and budget.
Qualifications and Attributes
· A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Entrepreneurship or any other related qualification from a recognized and accredited institution. Persons with higher qualifications will have added advantage;
· At least 5 years progressive experience at a senior managerial position;
A “Go Getter” who can secure alternative revenue through more consultancies and training partnerships with NGO’s and Donor funded projects/programmes;
Excellent coordination, organizational, communication and planning skills;
Sound knowledge of local and international MSME landscape;
Excellent networking, negotiation and advocacy skills;
Ability to manage staff of various professions and skills;
Action and result oriented person.
About the Company
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae with at least three names of relevant and traceable referees including that of an immediate past employer should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer, SMEDI, Private Bag 393, Lilongwe 3 to reach him not later than close of business on Friday, 13th October, 2023.
SMEDI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Send your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org