About the Role
Selected Duties and Responsibilities
• Creating content such as publications, website content, press releases, annual reports and other marketing materials;
• Ensuring that all marketing and communications material aligns with the brand’s standards;
• Developing working relationships with journalists in different types of media outlets;
• Preparing media briefings and engagements;
• Collaborate with M&E team on identifying and fulfilling gaps in visibility
• Maintaining social media platforms;
• Preparing and managing communication plans and budgets;
• Seeking opportunities to improve the brand’s reputation;
• Maintaining a digital media archive for the organization;
• Acting as a spokesperson for the organization;
• Producing and submitting periodic reports.
1) Position - Communications Officer (Non-Established)
Grade - SME 5
Duty Station - Head Office, Lilongwe
To promote the organization’s brand and its services through the creation, coordination and execution of communication plans to increase public and stakeholder awareness.
Qualifications and Attributes
A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Public relations or any other related qualification from a recognized and accredited institution.
· A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Public relations or any other related qualification from a recognized and accredited tertiary institution;
· At least three years (3) progressive experience in communications or a related field;
· Sound knowledge of local and international MSME landscape;
Excellent communication including writing skills;
Excellent collaborative skills.
About the Company
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae with at least three names of relevant and traceable referees including that of an immediate past employer should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer, SMEDI, Private Bag 393, Lilongwe 3 to reach him not later than close of business on Friday, 13th October, 2023.
SMEDI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Send your applications to: email@example.com