Small and Medium Enterprises Development Institute (SMEDI), a parastatal organization mandated to promote the development and growth of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) is looking for the services of a well-qualified, honest and highly experienced person to fill a vacant position of Stores Clerk (Grade SME 8) which is tenable at the Mponela Enterprise Development Centre in Mponela, Dowa.
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified persons for the position whose details are as follows:
Purpose of the Job
To manage office supplies ensuring adequate stocks at all times while properly accounting for their movement.
Qualifications and attributes
· Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE);
· CIPS Certificate in Purchasing and Supply or its equivalent. Those with higher qualifications shall have added advantage;
· A minimum of two (2) years’ relevant work experience in a very busy work environment;
· Knowledge in stores management
· Computer literate;
· Very good communication skills;
· Team player.
Selected duties and responsibilities
· Receiving supplies and preparing necessary documentation;
· Issuing and recording stock;
· Ensuring complete and accurate up-to-date records on all supplies received or issued;
· Monitoring stock levels to ensure timely replenishment;
· Participating in stock taking activities.
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae with at least three names of relevant and traceable referees that include an immediate past employer, should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer, SMEDI, P/Bag 393, Lilongwe 3 to reach him not later than close of business on Friday, 25th March, 2022.
SMEDI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER